The Library and Learning Commons (LLC) hours during Exam Week & Semester Break are:
- OPEN Mon. Dec. 11 – Thur. Dec. 14 7:30AM – 9:45PM
- OPEN Fri. Dec. 15 7:30AM – 5:00PM
- CLOSED WEEKENDS Dec. 16 – Jan. 7
- OPEN Mon. Dec. 18 – Fri. Dec. 22 8:00AM – 5:00PM (limited services)
- CLOSED Dec. 23 – Jan. 2
- OPEN Wed. Jan. 3 – Fri. Jan. 5 8:00AM – 5:00PM (limited services)
We re-open with regular library hours on Monday, January 8!
Please donate your used (or new) paperbacks through GRCC’s Library for Kent County Jail inmates. Paperbacks are often read by *15* readers before the book falls apart from use.
After GRCC’s Library collected over 400 paperback books for the Jail as our 100th year service project, a GRCC student who had been incarcerated when the books were delivered told us that getting access to those books was the best thing that happened to him, besides earning his GED, while he was in jail.
A donation box is located near the Library Circulation Desk where they can be dropped off. New or used paperbacks only – the Jail cannot accept hardcovers.
The Learning Center Open House, held Tuesday, Dec. 5th, was a success with over 300 attendees! Generous donors provided prizes for a drawing where attendees were encouraged to visit each building partner: Media Services; the Woodrick Center for Equity & Inclusion; Academic Support & Tutoring Services; and, the Library & Learning Commons. And the Winners Are…..
- $25 Applebee’s Gift Card – Kelly Burrows
- $25 Barnes & Noble Gift Card – Rachele Smith
- $25 Barnes & Noble Gift Card – Peyton Heisen
- $25 GRCC Bookstore Gift Card – Chakya McIntosh
- $25 GRCC Bookstore Gift Card – Bildad Azard
- $25 Lake Michigan Credit Union Gift Card – Jordan White
- $25 Lake Michigan Credit Union Gift Card – Vivian Herring
- $25 Marie Catrib’s Gift Card – Sam Cunningham
- $10 Art & Bev’s Gift Certificate – Paul Ruschmann
- $10 Art & Bev’s Gift Certificate – Jocelyn Disselkoen
- $10 GRCC Campus Dining Gift Certificate – David Anderson
- $10 GRCC Campus Dining Gift Certificate – Asha Nemec
- $10 Patatas / Subway Punch Card – Nicholas Price
- $10 Patatas / Subway Punch Card – Natari Silva
- $10 Patatas / Subway Punch Card – Chandler Michalski
- $10 Patatas / Subway Punch Card – Kyler Byker
Winners have until 1/31/2018 to claim their prizes at the Library Circulation Desk (please have photo ID), but with such great prizes, we’re sure they’ll want to do so before the holidays!
This is a reminder that the Library & Learning Commons (LLC) will have extended hours and expanded Tutoring Services (limited subjects available) on BOTH Saturday and Sunday as part of the Fall 2017 Exam Cram event:
- 10 am – 10 pm
- Saturday, Dec., 9 & Sunday, Dec. 10
Read this for more about Exam Cram.
Students, faculty & staff are invited to the 2nd Annual Learning Center Open House, on Tuesday, December 5 from 11:30-1:30.
Light food, beverages, goodies, and entertainment will be offered in the Library, the Woodrick Center for Equity & Inclusion, and Media Technologies – plus – upstairs in Academic Support & Tutoring Services. Visit each space for a chance to win prizes.
Receive an extra entry for prizes if you donate items to the Learning Center Food Pantry – OR – if you donate a new or used paperback for avid readers at the Kent County Jail.