Libraries are closed across the country, so access to print titles, most Course Reserves, and Interlibrary Loan is not possible. GRCC Librarians offer these alternatives:
- Ask-A-Librarian to see if there are alternate resources that will fill your need and accomplish the same goal.
- Need a textbook? Check out VitalSource on our Virtual Services Subject Guide to see if your textbook is included.
- If the book you need has an older copyright date, try out the FREE Internet Archive’s National Emergency Library project. It’s already helped GRCC students multiple times!
Librarians are working to help you be successful. Stay in touch!
Need books to finish a research assignment? Now is the time to use GRCC’s eBook collection. From the Library’s homepage, type your search terms into the GRCC Library OneSearch box. Then refine your results as follows:
- Click Full Text Online
- Click Book / eBook
- Select the Publication Date(s) appropriate to your topic and assignment.
- Click onto the Title URL, or the Preview link, to see if the title works for you.
- If you intend on using this title for your assignment, click the Quote Marks to get a formatted citation. (Woo-hoo!)
Questions? Use the Chat service built into OneSearch, or, Ask-a-Librarian. We’re available to ensure you will be successful completing your course work!
It’s true, students and faculty – HERE meaning that – while the Library building is closed – we ARE available by phone, email, Ask-a-Librarian, and OneSearch Chat. GRCC Librarians are available during all the hours we normally provided in-person reference service:
- Monday – Thursday: 7:30 AM – 8:00 PM
- Friday: 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
… and our service-oriented librarians often answer your questions outside those hours because we want you to be successful.
You’re not alone – and you’re certainly not without quality resources to use for assignments. We hope to hear from you!
Colleagues, you still have access to the premier educational newspaper, The Chronicle of Higher Education. Keep up-to-date about how our education colleagues worldwide are handling business during the pandemic. Click this password-protected link (you will be prompted for your last name and 7-digit Raider number):
For links to other journals in higher education, see the [Faculty & Staff Resources] Subject Guide.