Because of the upcoming Memorial Day holiday weekend (how can we be that far in the Summer term?), Library Hours for the next week are:
- Mon.- Thu. 7:30 A.M. – 8:00 P.M.
- Fri. – 7:30 A.M.- 5:00 P.M
- Closed Saturday & Sunday
- Closed Monday May 27 for Memorial Day
Not sure how to “celebrate” Memorial Day? See these new titles on D-Day, which will be commemorated on its 75th anniversary in just two weeks.
GRCC students, faculty & staff have complimentary access to New York Times Online through your GRCC Library! If you’re new to GRCC, then follow the directions to activate your logon today – for free!
It’s a $110 value. If you’ve already created your logon (it’s good for one year) – take time to stay on top of national and world news. For more on New York Times Online, see our NYT Subject Guide!
- Click http://accessnyt.com.
- Enter Grand Rapids Community College in the [Find school] field.
- Click [GO] and then click [Create Account] using your GRCC email address and a password of your choice. Follow the screen prompts to activate your Group Pass.
- Mobile users may download FREE New York Times Apps.
- After your Group Pass has been activated, you may enjoy access to NYTimes.com from any internet-connected network or location.
This message is for Guest Students. You know who you are… you take classes at other institutions during the rest of the year, but you take a class or two at GRCC during the Summer.
- We’re so glad you chose GRCC!
- The Library & Learning Commons (building #10 on the campus map) staff looks forward to serving your research needs. Drop by the LLC Reference Desk and we’ll help get your research started.
- If you need help from afar, use the Ask-a-Librarian online form to ask questions – OR – call a Reference Librarian at 616-234-3868.
- Subject Guides curated for each academic discipline will help you get started, too.
- Our online collections and support services rival those of your home school. Use your RaiderCard to check out library materials and use the printer/copier/scanner. Use your last name and GRCC Raider number to logon to library resources from home.
- Did we say how happy we are that you chose GRCC?
Tis’ the season when Library & Learning Commons hours change.
INTERIM WEEK: Monday, April 29 – Friday, May 3
- OPEN 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. No Reference Service
SUMMER & REFERENCE HOURS: Monday, May 6 through Friday, August 16:
- Monday: 7:30 AM – 8:00 PM. Reference: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 7:30 AM – 8:00 PM. Reference: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Wednesday: 7:30 AM – 8:00 PM. Reference: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Thursday: 7:30 AM – 8:00 PM. Reference: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Friday: 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM. Reference: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
- CLOSED: Monday, May 27 (Memorial Day) & Thursday, July 4 (Independence Day)
Faculty, please note that librarians will teach during Interim Week, as well as in the evenings.
Students participated in Exam Cram April 2019 and told us how much they appreciated the extra effort with snacks, embroidery class, study groups, tutoring, final touches to assignments – and LOTS of coffee. Thanks to all the students, faculty, and staff who took part, and to the classroom faculty who mentioned it to their students.