Category Archives: General News
Libraries are closed across the country, so access to print titles, most Course Reserves, and Interlibrary Loan is not possible. GRCC Librarians offer these alternatives:
- Ask-A-Librarian to see if there are alternate resources that will fill your need and accomplish the same goal.
- Need a textbook? Check out VitalSource on our Virtual Services Subject Guide to see if your textbook is included.
- If the book you need has an older copyright date, try out the FREE Internet Archive’s National Emergency Library project. It’s already helped GRCC students multiple times!
Librarians are working to help you be successful. Stay in touch!
It’s true, students and faculty – HERE meaning that – while the Library building is closed – we ARE available by phone, email, Ask-a-Librarian, and OneSearch Chat. GRCC Librarians are available during all the hours we normally provided in-person reference service:
- Monday – Thursday: 7:30 AM – 8:00 PM
- Friday: 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
… and our service-oriented librarians often answer your questions outside those hours because we want you to be successful.
You’re not alone – and you’re certainly not without quality resources to use for assignments. We hope to hear from you!
If you borrowed interlibrary loan materials, please return them as soon as GRCC’s campus reopens for in-person instruction. Overdue fines from lending libraries will be waived.
If you need help identifying alternate college-appropriate resources that are available during this closure, please contact a GRCC Reference Librarian.
If you checked out interlibrary-loaned books (from other MeL or RaiderLoan libraries), the due dates are not GRCC’s to extend. When classes resume in person, please return those items to us as soon as possible and any interlibrary loan overdue fines will be waived.