- Thursday – August 16 8a-5p
- Friday – August 17 8a-5p
- Monday – Friday – August 20-24 8a-5p
Regular Fall Hours: Monday August 27 thru Friday December 14 2018:
- Monday 7:30a-9:45p
- Tuesday 7:30a-9:45p
- Wednesday 7:30a-9:45p
- Thursday 7:30a-9:45p
- Friday 7:30a-5p
- Saturday 10:00a-2:00p (Saturday hours begin September 8)
- Sunday Closed
- Closed Monday September 2 Labor Day
- Closed Wednesday November 21 through Sunday November 25 Thanksgiving
Sand Point Beach – National Park Service photo
Michigan summer heat getting you down? Chill out at one of Michigan’s most beautiful beaches around! Before you head out, be sure to bring along a selection of reading material. The New York Times has a list of 73 Books to Read While the Sun is Out and the Day is Long. If we don’t have the title(s) you want, order your “beach reading” through RaiderLoan.
Memorial Day, May 30, 2011, Arlington National Cemetery. DoD photo by R. D. Ward. Used via Wikimedia Commons
The Library is open Friday, May 25 from 7:30 AM – 5 PM, and will be CLOSED Saturday, Sunday, and Memorial Day Monday. Remember that many of your library resources can be accessed 24/7 through the Library’s website. Don’t know where to get started? Start with a Subject Guide for the course you’re taking. If you get stuck, one of your librarians will answer Ask-a-Librarian questions once a day while we are closed!
You might want to attend one of the many Memorial Day parades and flag ceremonies planned in West Michigan. “Memorial Day or Decoration Day is a federal holiday in the United States for remembering the people who died while serving in the country’s armed forces.The holiday, which is currently observed every year on the last Monday of May, will be held on May 28, 2018. The holiday was held on May 30 from 1868 to 1970. It marks the unofficial start of the summer vacation season, while Labor Day marks its end.” (Wikipedia)
Library Director Brian Beecher points to the temporary LLC entrance to the south of the Main West entrance.
See – I told you there was a door here. Next week, we’ll have signs galore!
The Library & Learning Commons Lobby will be renovated during the first Summer session, with work starting Saturday, April 28th. That means the regular east and west 1st-floor lobby entrances to the LLC will be closed.
During the expected 6 weeks of renovation and remodeling, please enter the LLC using the (usually) emergency door on the west side of the building between the main west entrance and the bridge to the Main Parking Lot.
Watch for the signs (coming soon). We’re going to be here – please visit!
Exam Week (April 23-27):
- Monday – Thursday: 7:30 AM – 9:45 PM (April 23-26)
- Friday: 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM (April 27 – Commencement Day)
Interim Week (April 30-May 4):
- Monday – Thursday: 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Summer Session (May 7-Aug. 17):
- Monday – Thursday: 7:30 AM – 8:00 PM (Faculty – information literacy instruction is available after 8:00 PM)
- Friday: 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturdays & Sunday (April 28 through September 2)
- Monday May 28 Memorial Day
- Wednesday July 4 Independence Day