This week, classes start for the second 7-week term of the Summer. It’s good practice to check Course Reserve at the Library to see if there are any additional learning resources available to you. Faculty place copies of textbooks, videos, and additional course materials that cannot be legally loaded into Blackboard into Course Reserve. A search will tell you what’s available – by either the professor’s name or the course number.
Category Archives: Library Services
This message is for Guest Students. You know who you are… you take classes at other institutions during the rest of the year, but you take a class or two at GRCC during the Summer.
- We’re so glad you chose GRCC!
- The Library & Learning Commons (building #10 on the campus map) staff looks forward to serving your research needs. Drop by the LLC Reference Desk and we’ll help get your research started.
- If you need help from afar, use the Ask-a-Librarian online form to ask questions – OR – call a Reference Librarian at 616-234-3868.
- Subject Guides curated for each academic discipline will help you get started, too.
- Our online collections and support services rival those of your home school. Use your RaiderCard to check out library materials and use the printer/copier/scanner. Use your last name and GRCC Raider number to logon to library resources from home.
- Did we say how happy we are that you chose GRCC?
INTERIM WEEK: Monday, April 29 – Friday, May 3
- OPEN 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. No Reference Service
SUMMER & REFERENCE HOURS: Monday, May 6 through Friday, August 16:
- Monday: 7:30 AM – 8:00 PM. Reference: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 7:30 AM – 8:00 PM. Reference: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Wednesday: 7:30 AM – 8:00 PM. Reference: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Thursday: 7:30 AM – 8:00 PM. Reference: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Friday: 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM. Reference: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
- CLOSED: Monday, May 27 (Memorial Day) & Thursday, July 4 (Independence Day)
Faculty, please note that librarians will teach during Interim Week, as well as in the evenings.
If you’ve ever wondered what to read next, then NoveList Plus might be for you!
NoveList Plus is the premier online database for reading recommendations. Helping readers of all ages find just the right book to read, this comprehensive source of popular and professional book information includes expert recommendations, reviews, articles, lists and more.
While GRCC’s library is not big into fiction, (we have a small fiction leisure reading collection on the 2nd floor), we can get any book you’re interested in through MeLCat or RaiderLoan Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan – for free!
If you’re off-campus or using wireless, you may be asked to log on with your last name and 7-digit Raider number.