Monday, Sept. 17 is Constitution Day – a national holiday – and the kick-off for Civic Engagement Week! Student Alliance will be handing out copies of the Constitution from 11AM – 2PM – in the Student Center Lobby. Constitutions will be available in four different languages.
Voter registration tables will be available Monday – Wednesday during Civic Engagement Week – check for voter registration locations and times.
The Library’s Voter Registration event will be on Tuesday, in the Library Lobby, from 11-2.
Join us in celebrating our nation’s founding document. For more information on voter registration, see the Library’s 2018 Voting Subject Guide.
GRCC’s Library contains a great collection focused on resources for instructional use. But, if you’re like many of us, sometimes you just want to read something “fun.” Did you know that you can request leisure reading titles to be delivered from other Michigan libraries to GRCC for your use? For free?
- Start at GRCC’s RaiderSearch Catalog and run a [Title] search for the book, video, or CD you want.
- If GRCC does not own the book, then click the [Search MelCat] icon which runs the same search in the statewide MeLCat Catalog.
- Select your title from the MeL screen and click [Get this for me] and follow the screen prompts. You’ll be asked to logon with your last name and 7-digit Raider Number.
- We’ll contact you when the title arrives from the lending library. When you’re done, drop it back at GRCC’s Library and we’ll return it!
It’s easy… free to GRCC… and, it will expand your reading options astronomically!
If you’re on campus and forgot some “essential something,” call the Library’s Circulation & Course Reserve Desk (616-234-3872) to see if they have one to lend you. The LLC has:
- Laptop computers for on-campus use;
- Cell phone chargers;
- USB battery packs;
- Student supply kit (scissors, pens, notecards, etc.);
- Whiteboard markers (to use on the LLC whiteboards); and,
- TI-84 graphing calculators.
Those items are in addition to the books, video, and textbooks typically found on Course Reserve.
If your textbook isn’t available at the Bookstore, or, you’re waiting for your copy to arrive from an online vendor, don’t fall behind in your assigned reading! Check to see if the Library has a copy of the textbook that you can use in the LLC until yours is available. Check here for a Course Listing – OR – check here for a listing by professor’s name. Most academic departments put one copy of their textbooks onto Course Reserve. If yours isn’t there, ask your professor to place one on Reserve.
Textbooks are not the only titles on Reserve. Often faculty put personal copies of books, or ask that library copies of books and DVDs go to Reserve. Questions? Contact Library Circulation at 616-234-3872, or, take a look at the Course Reserve Subject Guide.