GRCC Student Life offers a Marijuana Ballot Proposal Panel for students, faculty and staff on Wednesday, September 19 from 3-4 in the Multipurpose Room on the 2nd floor in the Student Center. A panel of experts will lead a discussion of the marijuana legalization ballot proposal on Sept. 19 as part of GRCC’s Civic Engagement Week. Panel members are:
- Kent County Prosecutor Chris Becker.
- Sandy Dettmann, addiction medicine specialist and director of the Dettmann Center.
- Paul Farage, a Grand Rapids Junior College alumnus and owner of the Society of Healing Arts Institute.
- Joslin Monahan, a lawyer and volunteer with the American Civil Liberties Union.
Read about the different viewpoints that surround this controversial issue in some of the library’s databases:
- Points of View – Legalization of Marijuana
- Opposing Viewpoints – Marijuana
- Congressional Quarterly CQ Researcher – Marijuana
Off-campus or wireless users will be prompted to logon with last name and 7-digit Raider number. For more about registering to vote, and other proposals on the November ballot – check the Voting Subject Guide.