Students – we’ve got a great place for you to study for exams – all week! Join us each day for library and tutoring service, FREE snacks and beverages, computers and printers to finish those final papers, and a variety of seating options for QUIET STUDY! On Wednesday, join us for a FREE CraftSanity Relaxer, where you can chill while learning how to do English Paper Piecing. On Saturday & Sunday (Dec. 7-8), we’re open EXTENDED HOURS from 10 AM – 9 PM! Check out the Exam Cram Subject Guide for details!
Tag Archives: Relaxation
During Exam Cram week, there are special Meditation Sessions provided:
- Monday (12/3) 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM: LRC LIB 1 Meditation / Prayer Room
- Weekly Mindfulness Meditation: This week’s practice will be a loving-kindness meditation, which cultivates feelings of kindness and compassion for ourselves and others. Regular practice is known to increase experiences of positive emotions such as joy, gratitude, hope, and love.
- Wednesday (12/5) 10:00 AM – 10:30 AM: Location changed to LRC LIB 1 Meditation / Prayer Room
- The Mountain Meditation: This guided visualization promotes feelings of calm grounding, inner strength, and stability in the midst of challenging circumstances and stress.
- Thursday (12/6) 10:30 AM – 11:00 AM: Location changed to LRC LIB 1 Meditation / Prayer Room
- Body Scan Meditation: In this guided meditation, we bring our awareness to each part of the body, sequentially and then as a whole, non-judgmentally, with opportunities to soften any tension found along the way. Many people find this produces deep physical relaxation and a sense of mental calm.