One of the many joys of visiting a library is the “New Books” area. Grab a cup of coffee at the Circulation Desk, and make yourself comfortable in the Library & Learning Commons. Take a look at the recent acquisitions.
Can’t make it to the Library? Take a look at the online Featured Lists of new materials (including e-titles!) found on the RaiderSearch Catalog . They’re updated regularly.
GRCC’s Library contains a great collection focused on resources for instructional use. But, if you’re like many of us, sometimes you just want to read something “fun.” Did you know that you can request leisure reading titles to be delivered from other Michigan libraries to GRCC for your use? For free?
- Start at GRCC’s RaiderSearch Catalog and run a [Title] search for the book, video, or CD you want.
- If GRCC does not own the book, then click the [Search MelCat] icon which runs the same search in the statewide MeLCat Catalog.
- Select your title from the MeL screen and click [Get this for me] and follow the screen prompts. You’ll be asked to logon with your last name and 7-digit Raider Number.
- We’ll contact you when the title arrives from the lending library. When you’re done, drop it back at GRCC’s Library and we’ll return it!
It’s easy… free to GRCC… and, it will expand your reading options astronomically!
Our library is working on creating a up-to-date listing of our eBrary ebook collection, so we are reloading all of our eBrary links in the library’s online catalog, RaiderSearch. What is means for our users is that when searching in RaiderSearch for the next week or so, you may notice that some eBrary ebook links intermittently disappear and reappear. If you need to access eBrary this week, you may find it easier to go directly to GRCC’s eBrary webiste: http://0-site.ebrary.com.lib.grcc.edu/lib/grcc/home.action
After this project is finished, all eBrary links will be back in RaiderSearch and this should eliminate any old links that no longer work. Please feel free to call (234-3868) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org
) the library if you have any questions about this process. Thank you for your patience and we look forward to providing a wide variety of eBooks for our students in the Fall semester!
Streaming videos? We’ve got ’em – with transcripts! Alexander Street Press (ASP) Academic Video Online
was just upgraded from VAST to Premium level. The Premium level contains everything in VAST – plus 17,000 additional titles. ASP provides GRCC with more than 43,000 videos or 20,500+ hours of programming.
But what does this mean for library users?
- You’ll see a lot more streaming video results in RaiderSearch; use [Advanced Search] to add your search terms; under Add Limits, choose Material Type: Streaming Videos.
- RaiderSearch lets you retrieve a list of videos within specific video collections with a [Title] search for the collection. (example: Current Affairs in Video).
- Faculty can link to ASP titles in Blackboard. See our Linking Subject Guide or contact your liaison librarian for assistance.