RaiderLoan Document Delivery & Interlibrary Loan Service will be down for planned maintenance this weekend – Saturday Nov. 18 & Sunday Nov. 19. If you need to place a RaiderLoan Request, please plan accordingly (aka – send in your requests today!) Also, note that most libraries will be closed for the Thanksgiving Holiday, so requests will be arriving more slowly next week.
For questions, see the RaiderLoan Subject Guide, or, call Kathy Schoen at 616-234-3749.
Sign up for this staff development session today! Find out how your Library & Learning Commons can help you be a more effective GRCC employee, find the professional development resources you need, and become your source for leisure reading and viewing.
- Friday October 6
- 10-11 AM
- Start with a tour of the Library and continue in our computer classroom
This session will provide a basic introduction to library services for any GRCC employee. How to find and use resources including the traditional book collection, the e-book and e-media collections, general databases, and pertinent Subject Guides will be introduced. Attendees will also sign up for the New York Times online and RaiderLoan Document Delivery & Interlibrary Loan service.
During the latter part of this semester, MeLCat requests will be temporarily shut down due to server migration in Lansing.
- If you are a MeLCat user, request titles before Tuesday November 17; you may start requesting titles again via MeLCat beginning December 12.
- If you have MeLCat titles already checked out or due during this time frame, you should still return them to GRCC. If you need a renewal, go to [MyMeLCat].
You may place requests at any time by starting at the [RaiderLoan Document Delivery & Interlibrary Loan] Subject Guide to set up a RaiderLoan account. Setup only needs to be done once. After you’ve created a RaiderLoan account*, fill out and submit your requests.
*Tip: You must use your GRCC email address for all notifications and receipt of articles and book chapters in RaiderLoan. Please note, your RaiderLoan password is not the network password, so be sure to make the RaiderLoan password something you will remember.
MeLCat is the statewide union catalog and resource sharing service to share materials among all types of libraries in Michigan. GRCC has been a MeLCat partner since its inception.
For more information or assistance, contact Kathy Schoen at 616-234-3749 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
By Lisa M. Rabey
Systems and Web Librarian
As of May 6th, the library has moved over to the ATC 224! The LRC building is undergoing HVAC renovations, which will take place from now until mid-July. Our summer hours are now M-Th, 8A-8P, Fridays, 8A-5P, and closed on the weekends. As we are closed on the weekends during the summer, any emails or phone calls in will not be returned until Monday morning.
Here are ways for you to access library services while we are undergoing renovations:
- If you’re looking to use a computer, you can use the open lab at ATC 215 which is open M-TH from 730A – 10P and on Fridays from 730A – 5P. The ATC is also closed on the weekend. Here is a map of all of the computer labs and tutor locations around campus that are open during the summer.
- This is a pretty comprehensive list of all our off campus services, including databases, ebooks, and more, which will still be available during the renovation.
- If you have a general question, you can stop in at ATC 224 and speak to a librarian or you can give us a call or email us.
- If you’re looking for physical materials such as books and audio/visual materials, access to the general circulating collection in the LRC will be closed to the public during the renovation. However, you can request these materials using RaiderLoan request form. Items requested from the general circulating collection will be pulled twice a day and will be held for you in the library’s offices at ATC 224. If you use RaiderLoan for ILL requests or if you have done a MelCat request, those items will also be on hold for you at ATC 224.
- We have a limited number of reserves for the summer. If your class has a reserve title, please call the library before heading over to make sure it is available for you to use.
If there is any questions we have not covered, please do not hesitate to contact us via email, phone, or social media.