- The Citing Sources Subject Guide provides tips to APA, Chicago, and, MLA styles, as well as links to the well-respected Purdue OWL resources.
- Most of our Research Databases have built-in citation generators. Look for a CITE icon. You may need to clean the citation up a bit, but it will still be faster than starting from scratch.
- Ask-a-Librarian librarians will be happy to take a look at your citation list. You can copy and paste it into the message and be sure to tell us what style you are supposed to be following.
Tag Archives: Purdue Owl
Need help with citing? Librarians suggest the Purdue Owl websites for both APA Formatting & Style Guide and MLA Formatting & Style Guide citation formats. You’ll find those links on our Citing Sources Subject Guide. They’re easy to use, provide the “pattern” or “recipe” for a citation, followed by real examples.
Librarians are ready to assist you with citing. Visit the Reference Desk, call us at 616-234-3868, or use the Ask-a-Librarian email form.
- Visit the Reference Desk.
- Call a Reference Librarian (616-234-3868).
- Copy the info you are trying to cite into the Ask-a-Librarian form and a librarian will respond.
- Two favorite citing websites are: APA from Purdue Owl & MLA from Purdue Owl.
For more on citing, use the Citing Sources Subject Guide.