GRCC’s Phi Theta Kappa students are working to connect classmates with campus resources to help them be successful, especially in a remote learning environment. PTK members are recording sessions through a series of video discussions on Zoom and posting them online through YouTube.
GRCC has many resources, services and programs to help overcome academic and other challenges, but students often are unaware of them or don’t know how to access them, especially in a virtual environment.
Scheduled topics include the Library and Learning Resource Center, IT support, Applied Technology Center labs, tutorial labs, Brother 2 Brother, Counseling and Career Development, ALAS, NIA, and Student Life. Here are the scheduled sessions:
- Library and Learning Resource Center, now available.
- IT Support, Sept. 10 at 11: 15 a.m.
- ATC labs, Sept. 11 at 11:15 a.m.
- Tutorial labs, Sept. 11 at 12: 45 p.m.
- Brother 2 Brother, Sept. 11 at 1:45 p.m.
- Counseling and career development, Sept. 11 at 2:45 p.m.,
- Student Life, Sept. 14 at 10:45 a.m.
- NIA and ALAS, Sept. 14 at 2:15 p.m.
Phi Theta Kappa is the premier honor society recognizing the academic achievement of students at associate degree-granting colleges and helping them to grow as scholars and leaders. The organization is made up of more than 3.5 million members and nearly 1,300 chapters in 11 nations, with approximately 240,000 active members in the nation’s colleges.