A recent Chronicle of Higher Education article by Daniel Everett of Bentley University in Massachusetts considers that “the less comfortable we are, the more we learn.” Most of us understand the value of learning from diverse perspectives, but sometimes it’s hard to ensure exposure to multiple alternative points of view. GRCC’s Library provides two databases that make it easier to read about diverse perspectives:
Take a look at what those databases have to offer, as well as others on the News Subject Guide. Off-Campus users should logon with last name and 7-digit Raider number.
GRCC students have complimentary access to New York Times Online through your GRCC Library! If you signed up last year, you’ll need to reaffirm your logon for this academic year’s access. Whether you’re a returning or a new user – activate your logon today – for free! It’s a $110 value.
- Click http://accessnyt.com.
- Enter Grand Rapids Community College in the [Find school] field.
- Click [GO] and then click [Create Account] using your GRCC email address and a password of your choice. Follow the screen prompts to activate your Group Pass.
- Mobile users may download FREE New York Times Apps.
- After your Group Pass has been activated, you may enjoy access to NYTimes.com from any internet-connected network or location.
For more on New York Times Online, see our NYT Subject Guide!