Keeping with the print to online trend that began several years ago now, the GRCC Library continues to transition subscriptions to resources from print format to maintaining purely online access to editions for students, faculty, and staff. As our society becomes increasingly reliant upon digital issues and online access, the field of library serials has moved to follow suit and meet the demands of users. This means there are a growing number of magazines and journals which are now producing digital issues of their print publications.
Below are a list of titles which the library will no longer receive in print (although we will continue to maintain previous issues), however are, and will remain, accessible online through the library catalog via various databases or directly link to publisher’s site.
Click on the individual titles to be taken to our catalog where online access is available to the most recent issues published digitally. Or, come in and read through the newest print editions while they are still available for several of those listed.
- Community College Journal (ends July 2016)
- History Today (ends September 2016)
- The Humanist (ends July 2016)
- Language Arts (ends August 2016)
- Machine Design (ends September 2016)
- New Statesman (ends this month, April 2016)
- Reason (ends October 2016)
- Trial (ends September 2016)
- The Writer’s Digest (ends September 2016)
Questions or comments related to periodicals? Contact Marcia Lee, Serials Specialist, at 616-234-3879 or email her at email@example.com.