The Library & Learning Commons (LLC) will be open Friday, August 30 from 7:30 AM – 5 :00 PM – and then CLOSED through Monday, September 2 for the Labor Day weekend. We’ll reopen on Tuesday, September 3 at 7:30 AM with regular LLC hours.
Labor Day evokes parades, farmers’ markets, golfing, a trip to Lakes Michigan, sales at the mall and online, the Michigan State Fair, and more. Read WHY we have the opportunity to enjoy these last days of summer.
Because of the upcoming Memorial Day holiday weekend (how can we be that far in the Summer term?), Library Hours for the next week are:
- Mon.- Thu. 7:30 A.M. – 8:00 P.M.
- Fri. – 7:30 A.M.- 5:00 P.M
- Closed Saturday & Sunday
- Closed Monday May 27 for Memorial Day
Not sure how to “celebrate” Memorial Day? See these new titles on D-Day, which will be commemorated on its 75th anniversary in just two weeks.
Tis’ the season when Library & Learning Commons hours change.
INTERIM WEEK: Monday, April 29 – Friday, May 3
- OPEN 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. No Reference Service
SUMMER & REFERENCE HOURS: Monday, May 6 through Friday, August 16:
- Monday: 7:30 AM – 8:00 PM. Reference: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 7:30 AM – 8:00 PM. Reference: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Wednesday: 7:30 AM – 8:00 PM. Reference: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Thursday: 7:30 AM – 8:00 PM. Reference: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Friday: 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM. Reference: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
- CLOSED: Monday, May 27 (Memorial Day) & Thursday, July 4 (Independence Day)
Faculty, please note that librarians will teach during Interim Week, as well as in the evenings.
The Library is now opening at 6:30 a.m. on weekdays to accommodate our early bird students. Here are the library’s new hours:
- Mondays through Thursdays — 6:30 a.m. to 9:45 p.m.
- Fridays — 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturdays — 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Another successful Exam Cram “goes down in the books” (pun intended)! Students mentioned how much they appreciated and enjoyed snacks and beverages, the Weaving Workshop led by Jennifer Ackerman-Haywood, three different Meditations led by Emily Nisley, drop-in tutoring with Academic Support & Tutoring Services, librarian help with “works cited” lists, and, especially, extended building hours (10 am – 10 pm) on Saturday and Sunday.
Jennifer Ackerman-Haywood (in purple scarf) led a weaving workshop for an enthusiastic group of students and staff.
Students finished assignments due the last week of school.
Hot beverages were available all day – and snack offerings (some were even healthy!) were regularly replenished.
Two students work on their team’s final presentation.