If you checked out GRCC Library materials due anytime this year, the due date has been extended (again) and materials are now due Tuesday August 18, 2020. Any GRCC overdue fines have been waived.
If you checked out interlibrary-loaned books (from other MeL or RaiderLoan libraries), the due dates are not GRCC’s to extend. When classes resume in person, please return those items to us as soon as possible and any interlibrary loan overdue fines will be waived.
Libraries are closed across the country, so access to print titles, most Course Reserves, and Interlibrary Loan is not possible. GRCC Librarians offer these alternatives:
- Ask-A-Librarian to see if there are alternate resources that will fill your need and accomplish the same goal.
- Need a textbook? Check out VitalSource on our Virtual Services Subject Guide to see if your textbook is included.
- If the book you need has an older copyright date, try out the FREE Internet Archive’s National Emergency Library project. It’s already helped GRCC students multiple times!
Librarians are working to help you be successful. Stay in touch!
Because lending libraries are closed locally, in Michigan, and across the US, GRCC must suspend RaiderLoan Document Delivery & Interlibrary Loan, including MeL requests until further notice.
If you borrowed interlibrary loan materials, please return them as soon as GRCC’s campus reopens for in-person instruction. Overdue fines from lending libraries will be waived.
If you need help identifying alternate college-appropriate resources that are available during this closure, please contact a GRCC Reference Librarian.
RaiderLoan Document Delivery & Interlibrary Loan Service will be down for planned maintenance this weekend – Saturday Nov. 18 & Sunday Nov. 19. If you need to place a RaiderLoan Request, please plan accordingly (aka – send in your requests today!) Also, note that most libraries will be closed for the Thanksgiving Holiday, so requests will be arriving more slowly next week.
For questions, see the RaiderLoan Subject Guide, or, call Kathy Schoen at 616-234-3749.
During the latter part of this semester, MeLCat requests will be temporarily shut down due to server migration in Lansing.
- If you are a MeLCat user, request titles before Tuesday November 17; you may start requesting titles again via MeLCat beginning December 12.
- If you have MeLCat titles already checked out or due during this time frame, you should still return them to GRCC. If you need a renewal, go to [MyMeLCat].
You may place requests at any time by starting at the [RaiderLoan Document Delivery & Interlibrary Loan] Subject Guide to set up a RaiderLoan account. Setup only needs to be done once. After you’ve created a RaiderLoan account*, fill out and submit your requests.
*Tip: You must use your GRCC email address for all notifications and receipt of articles and book chapters in RaiderLoan. Please note, your RaiderLoan password is not the network password, so be sure to make the RaiderLoan password something you will remember.
MeLCat is the statewide union catalog and resource sharing service to share materials among all types of libraries in Michigan. GRCC has been a MeLCat partner since its inception.
For more information or assistance, contact Kathy Schoen at 616-234-3749 or firstname.lastname@example.org.