Global Handwashing Day (October 15) – probably something you’d never thought you would “celebrate” – but, well, Covid. Your Mom and kindergarten teacher did their best to ensure that you “know the drill.” So, wash your hands with soap and hot water – life IS better with clean hands.
Follow Five Steps to Wash Your Hands the Right Way
Handwashing is one of the most effective ways to prevent the spread of germs, but it’s important to follow these five steps every time.
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.