Need books to finish a research assignment? Now is the time to use GRCC’s eBook collection. From the Library’s homepage, type your search terms into the GRCC Library OneSearch box. Then refine your results as follows:
- Click Full Text Online
- Click Book / eBook
- Select the Publication Date(s) appropriate to your topic and assignment.
- Click onto the Title URL, or the Preview link, to see if the title works for you.
- If you intend on using this title for your assignment, click the Quote Marks to get a formatted citation. (Woo-hoo!)
Questions? Use the Chat service built into OneSearch, or, Ask-a-Librarian. We’re available to ensure you will be successful completing your course work!
It’s true, students and faculty – HERE meaning that – while the Library building is closed – we ARE available by phone, email, Ask-a-Librarian, and OneSearch Chat. GRCC Librarians are available during all the hours we normally provided in-person reference service:
- Monday – Thursday: 7:30 AM – 8:00 PM
- Friday: 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
… and our service-oriented librarians often answer your questions outside those hours because we want you to be successful.
You’re not alone – and you’re certainly not without quality resources to use for assignments. We hope to hear from you!
We’re not Ghostbusters, but GRCC librarians continue to assist GRCC students and faculty. You can:
Recent questions included asking how to use eBooks, tips for finding professional journal articles for an assignment, creating a search strategy and limiting to college-appropriate full-text online, how to cite in MLA (and APA), and more!
Did you know that the ways you can connect with GRCC librarians have recently expanded? You can:
1. Visit with a librarian at the Reference Desk. (7:30 am – 8:00 pm M-R; 7:30 am – 5:00 pm F; 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Sat.)
2. Contact your Liaison Librarian. Every academic department is assigned a departmental liaison librarian. While any reference librarian is happy to assist you, you may have a question which can best be answered by a liaison librarian.
3. Speak with a librarian at 616-234-3868.
4. Send an Ask-a-Librarian email.
AND …. ta-da…..
5. Chat (beta version) with a librarian – inside GRCC OneSearch.