GRCC’s Criminal Justice Department/Police Academy will host a virtual panel discussion focused on Criminal Justice Reform in support of National Criminal Justice Month.
- Monday, March 29 at 5 p.m.: Criminal Justice Reform – Special guests Joe Jones, President/CEO at The Hekima Group LLC; Commissioner, City of Grand Rapids and Dr. B. Afeni McNeely Cobham, GRCC Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer
- Tuesday, March 30 at 5 p.m.: Providing Services in an Era of Reform – Special guests Sheriff Michelle LaJoye-Young, Kent County and Chief of Police, Eric Payne, City of Grand Rapids.
Before the Discussion Panel, consider reading from a range of perspectives:
- American Conservative Union Foundation: Fighting for Conservative Criminal Justice Reform
- Grassroots Pulse: Bringing a Conservative Perspective to Criminal Justice Reform
- Guardian: The Conservative Case for Criminal Justice Reform
- Marshall Project: Criminal Justice Reform
- National Issues Forum: Draft Issues Paper on Policing: What Should We Do to Ensure Equal Justice and Fair Treatment in Our Communities?
- Sentencing Project: Top Trends in State Criminal Justice Reform, 2020
- Southern Poverty Law Center: Criminal Justice Reform
- Urban Institute: Criminal Justice Reform