Mindfulness Meditation Mondays, facilitated by Counselor Emily Nisely, continue in the Learning Resource Center. This semester, there is a new – and quieter – location – Room 137 (enter off the Library Lobby) – at the usual time – 12-12:30 pm. Emily notes that “meditation can reduce stress, improve attention and concentration, increase feelings of connectedness, and may strengthen the immune system and improve stress-related physical and mental health conditions.” Learn how to meditate or build on previous meditation experience. Our practice will be non-religious, and topics vary:
- 1/20 Fostering connectedness through loving-kindness meditation in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- 2/10 Focusing & quieting the mind with mindful breathing meditation
- 2/24 Body awareness & relaxation with body-scan meditation
- 3/9 Mindful eating meditation
- 3/23 Soothing distress with self-compassion meditation
- 4/6 Meditation for cultivating gratitude
- 4/20 Lake Meditation: A guided visualization to promote stillness and calm