Mindfulness meditation can reduce stress, improve attention and concentration, increase feelings of connectedness, and may strengthen the immune system and improve stress-related physical and mental health conditions. Attend any of Counseling & Career Development’s monthly meditation biweekly sessions in the Library & Learning Commons (LLC) to learn how to meditate or build on previous meditation experience. Our practice will be secular (non-religious).
Open to all GRCC students and employees. Free. No registration required. Facilitator: Emily Nisley, Ph.D., LP, LPC
Mindfulness Meditation @GRCC Library
Meditation & Prayer Room (on the 1st floor)
Every other Monday this Fall starting 9/9/19
- 9/9 – Focusing and quieting the mind with mindful breathing meditation
- 9/23 – Body awareness and relaxation with body-scan meditation
- 10/7 – Mindful eating meditation
- 10/21 – Soothing distress with self-compassion meditation
- 11/4 – Fostering feelings of connectedness through loving-kindness meditation
- 11/18 – Cultivating gratitude
- 12/2 – Mountain meditation – A guided visualization to promote calm, inner strength and stability in the midst of challenging circumstances and stress
Check out the full schedule of Mind-Body Wellness events offered by the Counseling & Career Development office.