By Lisa M. Rabey
Systems & Web Librarian
If you’ve had me for any library class, you know I talk a lot about the probability of doing your homework at 3AM using the library and it’s true! Almost all of the services available at the library if you were on campus are also available to you off — even when the library is closed for the holidays! The only things you can’t do is check out a print book, print on campus, or pay your library fines.
So what can you do when you’re off campus? Lots!
- You can search for books, videos, audio, and electronic materials through RaiderCat
- Streaming video, audio, ebooks, and other online material are available 24/7 – regardless if classes are in session or not. You will be directed to login, using your RaiderCard number, via our proxy to access the materials off campus
- Browse through over 150 databases for articles on just about every subject
- Just like streaming audio, video, and ebooks you can access all of our databases and journals off campus logging in via the proxy with your RaiderCard number
- Manage your library account by checking on requested items and renewing materials
- Request materials through RaiderLoan and MeLCat [Remember you won’t be able to pick them until the library reopens!]
- Are you new to GRCC or want a refresher tour of the library? You can take a one virtually!
- You can also take a tour of the college virtually
- Add us on variety of social networks to keep track of what we’re doing
- If you ever have any questions on what you can and cannot when you’re at the library, we’ve put together a fairly in depth FAQ
- Check out the dozens and dozens of Subject Guides, the librarian’s version of Wikipedia, on all subjects and areas of interest related to the library, the college, and Grand Rapids
Have a warm and happy holiday from all of us at GRCC Library!