By Lisa M. Rabey
Systems & Web Librarian
Hard to believe it’s time for another fall semester!
Whether you’re a new student or a returning one, Grand Rapids Community College Library has loads of services to help make your semester a successful one.
Here is what you can do at GRCC Library:
- The library’s hours and phone numbers are available on this blog and on the front page of http://grcc.edu/library
- The library has 50 open lab computers available for student and staff use
- If you brought your own laptop or mobile device, WiFi is available all throughout the building
- Not only can you print from any of the open lab computers, you can also set up your laptop for wireless printing. which can be used anywhere on campus
- Printing is $.10 per page for black and white, and $1 per page for color.
- Your RaiderCard is your library card! It will allow you to pick up print jobs, check out materials, and access content off campus.
- You can search for books, videos, audio, and electronic materials through RaiderCat
- Browse through over 150 databases for articles on just about every subject
- Manage your library account by checking on requested items and renewing materials
- Request materials through RaiderLoan and MeLCat
- You can email a librarian 24/7 if you need help. We will respond by the next business day.
- Many classes take a tour of the library; you can do so virtually!
- Did you know the library was on several different social networks? Now you can follow us everywhere!
- If you ever have any questions on what you can and cannot do at the library, we’ve put together a fairly in depth FAQ.
- We have dozens and dozens of Subject Guides, the librarian’s version of Wikipedia, on all subjects and areas of interest related to the library, the college, and Grand Rapids.
- For faculty, if you’re looking for your liaison librarian or how to request an information literacy session, we’ve got you covered.
Finally, you can access any of our content from anywhere in the world, as long as you know your RaiderCard number. If it’s 3 AM and you’re working on homework and need to search a database, we’ve got your back!