By Marcia Lee
With Spring Break coming up in a couple of weeks, the question is do you have books to read over vacation? Whether you are headed out of state to a nice warm beach or planning on staying here in Michigan, staying out of the cold, both options are ideal opportunities to soak in some good books!
Perhaps you plan on using the break to focus on you or pick up a new hobby but need some more information on the “how to’s” of what you want to do? If this is the case we have countless books on our shelves that can fulfill this void in your life and guide you through it! If you’re looking for a quick fiction read the GRCC Library can help with that too! We may have it here on our shelves, but if we don’t there’s no reason to fret, you can always order popular fiction titles through MeLCat or RaiderLoan! Don’t wait until the last minute if you want to have those books in hand before break, order today! J
Need help narrowing down options? Below you’ll find a list of possible choices for your vacation read!
- The End of Men: and the Rise of Women by Hanna Rosin
- Hacking the Future: privacy, identity and anonymity on the web by Cole Stryker
- Oddly Normal: one family’s struggle to help their teenage son come to terms with his sexuality by John Swartz
- On Monsters: an unnatural history of our worst fears by Stephen T. Asma
“HOW TO’S”(informational) :
- The Science of Yoga: the risks and the rewards by William J. Broad
- Before and After Resumes: how to turn a good resume into a great one by Tracy Burns-Martin
- Stepping Up: how taking responsibility changes everything by John Izzo
- The Everything Hot Sauce Book: from growing to pickling and preparing – all you need to add some spice to your life! by Angela Garbes