By Nan Schichtel
Information Literacy & Outreach Librarian
To better understand the place of copyright in higher education, GRCC joined the U-Maryland University College’s Center for Intellectual Property (CIP) as an institutional member. As institutional members, we have access to a variety of online discussions about copyright and other intellectual property issues. Our Institutional Membership in the CIP Community provides:
- Exclusive access to free online Community Conversations with copyright scholars and practitioners;
- Free access to the CIP Action Center and Legislative Alert service;
- Free access to full-text documents and media in the Community File Library;
- Member-priced discounts on for-a-fee programming and certification programs.
Community Conversations are open to GRCC constituents who have set up an individual profile. If you have created a profile previously, you may register for Community Conversations using the Register Today links below.
TO CREATE YOUR INDIVIDUAL PROFILE UNDER GRCC’s INSTITUTIONAL MEMBERSHIP
- Go to the registration page to register with the community
- Create a username and enter your first and last name. Choose Employee Institution.
- On the Membership Selection page, select Employee Institution.
- You must fill in the fields under [Account Information], and a few fields in the [Personal Information]. Under [Professional Information], be sure to select Grand Rapids Community College in the autofilled Organization field.
Once you have created your individual profile, your membership will be linked to the Grand Rapids Community College Institutional Membership. Your account will be enabled by the next business day. If you need immediate access to the system, contact Cindy Jackson by email or phone: cell (preferred) 301-852-8644 or office Phone 240-684-2965.
See the most recent educational programming information below. If you have any problems or questions with setting up your free account, please contact Nan Schichtel, GRCC’s institutional representative.
Winter and Spring 2013 CIP Community Conversation Webinars