The seminal author, journalist, and social activist Jeff Johnson will be at the Fountain Street Church, February 15, as the next speaker in the Diversity Lecture Series. Johnson, the author of Everything I’m Not Made Me Everything I Am, is
…renowned both for his conversations with world figures in the political, business and entertainment arenas and his grass-roots work seeking to inspire the next generation of leaders. Johnson is a trailblazing social entrepreneur and authentic voice for change. Sometimes called the “conscience voice” of BET Networks, Johnson looks for ways to merge the worlds of politics and popular culture, through broad-based communication, including as a contributor to the Tom Joyner Morning Show.
In additon to Everything I’m Not Made Me Everything I Am, the GRCC Library also has the following materials on or about Johnson, some which may require you to user your RaiderID for access.
- “Analysis: School segregation, Gulf Coast immigration.” News & Notes, 19 Oct. 2005.
- “Interview: George Curry, Callie Crossley and Jeffrey Johnson discuss
the president’s approval rating and Ralph Nader using the N-word.”
News & Notes, 20 June 2005.
- “Interview: Julianne Malveaux, Jeff Johnson and Pedro Noguera talk about Supreme Court quotas, military recruitment, the US space program and corporate crime.” News & Notes, 14 July 2005.
- “Social justice in Kurdistan.” Washington Times. 23 July 2009: A18.
- Stelter, Brian. “Black TV Is Wearing Its Politics On Its Sleeve.” New York Times, 6 Nov. 2008: 6(L).
If you are also interested in the topics of achievement motivation and self-actualization, in addition to Johnson’s Everything I’m Not Made Me Everything I Am, GRCC Library also has the following titles available on these subjects:
- Catch! : a fishmonger’s guide to greatness by Cyndi Crother and the crew of the World Famous Pike Place Fish
- The change cycle: how people can survive and thrive in organizational change by Ann Salerno & Lillie Brock [eBook]
- Come on, people : on the path from victims to victors by Bill Cosby & Alvin F. Poussaint
- Learned optimism : how to change your mind and your life by Martin E.P. Seligman
- Motivation and learning strategies for college success: a self-management approach by Myron H. Dembo [eBook]
- The power of purpose: find meaning, live longer, better by Richard J. Leider [eBook]
- Rewards and intrinsic motivation: resolving the controversy by Judy Cameron and W. David Pierce [eBook]
- The seven minute difference: small steps to big changes by Allyson Lewis [eBook]
- Success is a journey: make your life a grand adventure by Brian Tracy [eBook]
- The winning spirit : 16 timeless principles that drive performance excellence by Joe Montana and Tom Mitchell