By Lisa M. Rabey
Systems & Web Librarian
Whether you’re a new or returning student, studying for a semester or obtaining a degree, the library at GRCC has literally just about everything you need while you’re here. In no particular order, here is some of the services we offer at the library:
- Printing/photocopying (Available in black/white AND color)
- Library-wide wifi
- Computers on the first and second floor for student use.
- ALL computers have Microsoft Office
- SOME computers have Adobe products and other specialty software for your studying needs. Ask a librarian for details
- Books, eBooks, databases, magazines, journals, periodicals, newspapers, VHS, DVD and CDs.
- VHS/DVS/CDs located on the first floor can be checked out for 3 days
- Books located on the second floor can be checked out for 3 weeks
- Magazines/journals/newspapers/periodicals/reference books CANNOT be checked out
- eBooks and other electronic materials can be accessed from the library OR from home, 24 hours a day. You just need your Raider number and password to access.
- Microfiche and microfiche readers (for those interested in old tymey ways)
- Flash drives/headphone to “rent”
- For free! Just check at the reference desk (for flash drives) and the circulation desk (for headphones) for use while you’re working at the library.
- A/V area to watch DVDs/VHSes
- Areas for study groups
- Interlibrary Loan (If we don’t have it, we can get it for you!)
- Reference services (If you have a question, about anything!, we’ve got the answer)
- Library instruction: Either one on one or via your class. (For those particularly in-depth reference inquiries)
But wait, there’s more! In addition to all the services offered at the library directly, we also partner with or can give you access to the following:
- Electronic materials (eBooks, databases, etc) are available from home, 24 hours a day. You just need your Raider number and password to access
- The Academic Support Center, located on the 2nd floor of the LRC, offers one on one and group tutoring for FREE
- During busier times at the library, you can use the computers at the ATC