Nature unveils redesign, expanded content in print and online. Nature, the international science publication, reveals a new look, clearer structure and navigation, and expanded content in the September 23 issue. Nature has been redesigned and enhanced in print and online to ensure that it remains a must-read for busy scientists.
…Quick snapshot of some of the changes online
Redesigned Nature journal homepage providing users with:
- new navigation bars at the top and to the right to allow for easier navigation of Nature’s content online
- a news carousel making it easy to browse the latest daily news, features and opinion pieces – updated as and when news goes live
- Research articles highlighted showing the latest 16 published articles as they appear online
• a News & Comment page, which replaces Nature News and includes news, news features, the news blog, editorials and opinion
• a new research article landing page allowing readers to browse Nature articles by subject or article type
To find out more visit www.nature.com/rediscover
Overdue book fines have been increased to 25 cents per day to better reflect the personnel and mailing costs incurred when materials are overdue. Overdue books borrowed from other libraries through MeLCat or Interlibrary Loan continue to incur fines at the rate of 50 cents per day.
It’s easier and cheaper to avoid overdue fines altogether by renewing materials online in RaiderCat [My Library Record], or contacting the Interlibrary Loan specialist, Kathy Schoen at 616-243-3749, before the due date.
If you have any comments or questions about fines, please contact Kevin Lyons, Circulation Specialist, at 616-234-3189.
Featured Item Lists are a useful feature in RaiderCat, GRCC’s library catalog. These lists help users quickly identify resources on particular topics or in specific collections. Featured Item Lists for New Acquisitions and New Electronic Books have replaced the “New Books” shelf in the Library & Learning Commons. Lists are especially useful for interdisciplinary topics like Gender Studies, Career Development, or Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society. They’re also a great one-stop shopping place for collection-specific holdings, like musical Scores, Library Videos/DVDs, or foreign-language materials. To view all Featured Lists, go to RaiderCat and select [Featured items lists.]